UMC, Inc. – Springville, UT
In 1972, the owner and his family started a plumbing business with the vision to provide quality service while helping others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by providing a clean, quality service for the communities they help build. With the passion to teach others the trade and the great people on their team, we continue to lead the industry and experience continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the field, we have growth and leadership opportunities for you.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with 6% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- PAY EXCELLENT
A UMC,Inc. Recruiter works with the Recruitment Manager in recruiting, prequalifying and overseeing the hiring of all office and field positions. Drives the hiring process to ensure that open positions are filled as quickly as possible with talent that has integrity, intelligence, hunger and humility. Helps the company establish a positive image in the community, builds a network of qualified candidates, and develops creative, cost-effective sourcing strategies. Role models our Vision, Mission and Core Values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the placement of job postings (internal, job boards, social media, etc), resume collection and initial review.
- Conduct phone and/or preliminary interviews. Coordinate final interview schedules with appropriate managers.
- Develops creative sourcing methods to expand visibility and network for potential candidates in a highly-competitive market and industry. Stays aware of cost-effective strategies that reduce dependency on external recruiters.
- Attend regular staffing meetings and backlog meeting to stay abreast of current and future talent requirements. Connect with Superintendents/Managers on a regular (at least weekly) basis to discuss hiring status, strategies and issues.
- Ensure that all required paperwork is completed appropriately during interview process. Conduct all reference checking. Prepare necessary business correspondence, including letters to applicants. Follow-up with all candidates or recruiters on our hiring decisions.
- Follows UMC’s 10-step Hiring Process consistently
- Comply with all federal and state laws and company policies regarding recruitment and selection processes.
- Position requires an extremely perceptive person who can relate to individuals at all levels. Has good judgement based off relevant information about candidates
- Experience with behavioral interviewing, selective questioning, and reference-checking techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of job duties and required skills and competencies for each position in the company.
- Strong time management, follow-through and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes openings quickly.
- Good customer service skills. Appropriate tact in communicating with candidates and recruiters.
- Presents positive and professional image of the company to all applicants, competitors, etc.
- Good business writing skills and verbal communication skills. Confidentiality always ensured.
- Responds well to management direction yet is resourceful in creating solutions and ideas to improve the recruiting function.
- Good proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Office 365. Comfortable with use of database management and recruiting tools.
- Education and Experience Preferred: 2-4 years of relevant recruitment experienced required
- Experience in the construction industry strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
- Apply online at umc.us/careers/
- Contact Laura, 801-918-0796 or email resume to laura.zitting@umc.
Work Environment/AAP/EEO Statements
While performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites occurs. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards, or stop work until conditions improve when applicable.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran statu