UMC, Inc. – Boise, ID
$38 – $42 an hour
In 1972, the owner and his family started a plumbing business with the vision to provide quality service while helping others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by providing a clean, quality service for the communities they help build. With the passion to teach others the trade and the great people on their team, we continue to lead the industry and experience continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the field, we have growth and leadership opportunities for you.
Why Work For Us:
TOP MARKET PAY
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- 401K with 6% Company Match
- Stability! Excellent Growth Opportunity
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture
How to Apply
- Contact Laura, 801-918-0796
*The successful Plumbing Foreman/Site Superintendent is highly skilled in working with teams to provide the highest levels of safety, preplanning, productivity, quality, and efficiency in the competitive construction market, while incorporating UMC’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values**
Responsibilities and Duties (Essential Job Functions)
- Ensures the project progresses on schedule, with the highest priorities on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Works with the Project Manager to generate and submit Request for Information, or RFIs during preplanning and as needed throughout the project cycle.
- Works with Purchasing and the Project Manager to ensure materials are staged as needed and meets contractual requirements.
- Appropriately sets goals and expectations for their crews and documents their progress.
- Mentors crew members to achieve safety, quality, and productivity goals; sets the example.
- Physically monitors all crew members multiple times each day to ensure best practices.
- Treats all employees and others with respect and dignity and incorporates UMC’s Vision,
- Mission, and Core Values at all times.
- Approves all time worked daily.
- Sets aside time daily for required Job Safety Assessments and other project documentation.
- Attends all required meetings and creates a realistic work plan and schedule (preplan) at least weekly.
- When achieved, share education, certification, or licensing information with human resources to ensure company records are up to date.
- Performs any other duties or tasks that may be assigned.
- Travel as needed or required.
- Must have a high school diploma, or General Equivalency Diploma, or GED.
- Must be a licensed Journeyman/Master
- Previous experience as a Foreman working multi-family/commercial preferred
- Must support UMC’s Vision, Mission, and Core Value statements.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and maintain the confidentiality of personnel and business information.
- Possess good organizational, interpersonal, and initiative skills.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret operating manuals, plans, and applicable building codes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and possess the aptitude to learn and use additional computer software as needed, i.e., Field View, Bluebeam.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; climb or balance; stand; walk; lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds; work overhead and in cramped quarters. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be 21 years or older, have a valid driver’s license, be able to pass a commercial motor vehicle physical and be able to drive on adverse road conditions.
Work Environment/AAP/EEO Statements
While performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites occur. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards, or stop work until conditions improve when applicable. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38.00 – $42.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One of UMC’s Core Values is INTEGRITY – “Doing the right thing right.” Describe why you believe Integrity is important on the job?”
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Foreman: 2 years (Preferred)
- Utah Journeyman or Master’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations