UMC, Inc. – Salt Lake City, UT
$17.50-$36 (Actual pay depends on apprentice or journeyman level, certifications, education, skills test evaluation, experience, and performance)
In 1972, the owner and his family started a plumbing business with the vision to provide quality service while helping others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by providing a clean, quality service for the communities they help build. With the passion to teach others the trade and the great people on their team, we continue to lead the industry and experience continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the field, we have growth and leadership opportunities for you.
Why Work For Us:
TOP MARKET PAY
- 100% Paid Tuition Apprenticeship Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- 401K with 6% Company Match
- Stability! Excellent Growth Opportunity
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture
How to Apply
- Contact Laura, 801-918-0796
- Email your resume to email@example.com
Responsibilities and Duties (Essential Job Functions)
- Arrives at job sites on time as scheduled to participate in pre-planning and safety discussions before work begins.
- Wears proper Personal Protective Equipment or PPE as required at all times.
- Ensures all work is performed using proper installation procedures and safety practices.
- Ensures team participation and communication to learn from and teach others.
- For apprentices, enrolls in and attends education classes regularly; passes courses with at least a C grade; passes the final written exam.
- When achieved, share education, certification, or licensing information with human resources to ensure company records are up-to-date.
- Always treats others with respect and dignity and incorporates UMC’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- All new hires will be subject to a 60-day evaluation probationary period.
- 1-4 years experience in new construction plumbing
- Must be a licensed Apprentice attending or planning on attending school.
- Journeyman must have an active Journeyman’s License
- Must have a high school diploma, or General Equivalency Diploma, or GED.
- Must support UMC’s Vision, Mission, and Core Value statements.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and maintain the confidentiality of business information.
- Possess good organizational, interpersonal, and initiative skills.
- Must be able to pass a plumbing skills test. The result of this test helps determine position level and pay.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; climb or balance; stand; walk; lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds; work overhead and in cramped quarters. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be 18 years or older, have dependable transportation to job sites, pass a physical and drug screening, and be authorized to work in the United States.
Work Environment/AAP/EEO Statements
While performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites occurs. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards, or stop work until conditions improve when applicable. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time