Construction Safety Manager
UMC, Inc. – Salt Lake City, UT
In 1972, the owner and his family started a plumbing business with the vision to provide quality service while helping others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by providing a clean, quality service for the communities they help build. With the passion to teach others the trade and the great people on their team, we continue to lead the industry and experience continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the field, we have growth and leadership opportunities for you.
Why Work For Us:
TOP MARKET PAY
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- 401K with 6% Company Match
- Stability! Excellent Growth Opportunity
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture
How to Apply
- Contact Laura, 801-918-0796
The Safety Manager is responsible for maintaining a safe environment and protecting people by making sure that risks at the construction projects are properly controlled. Safety education/training, planning, execution, and auditing of safe work procedures. Coordination of incident investigations, implementation of injury prevention plans, site-specific safety goals and objectives, pre-project planning, EHS audits/inspections, risk analysis, and monitoring employee safety behavior. Support our safety culture which is based in looking out for the wellbeing of ourselves and others, truly caring for others, behavioral-based safety, and the creation of good safety habits.
- Provides technical safety and health support information to construction personnel.
- Helps to prepares written safety and health programs and policies.
- Identifies company safety training needs and coordinates safety training and new employee orientation.
- Ensures housekeeping guidelines are met and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Reviews and follows up with supervisors to ensure timeliness, appropriateness of accident investigations and follow through on root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions.
- Helps to provide loss prevention initiatives to reduce injuries and workers’ compensation costs.
- Supports personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Influences a culture of safety and promotes safety and housekeeping awareness through mentoring, coaching and specific training sessions.
- Assists as necessary in implementation of a hazard communication program and preparation of reports.
- Ability to help in proper pre-planning and JHAs.
- Reviews process-operating procedures/records and provides input for safety and health considerations.
- Understands and have really good knowledge of OSHA regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement at the project and company level.
- Analyze measurements and implement solutions to correct the system/ avoid reoccurrence.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, practices, procedures, and equipment used in environmental and occupational safety.
- Communicate EHS policy and procedure effectively with personnel at all levels.
- Ability to conduct training, inspections, and audits.
- Monitor employee safety behavior and implement corrective measures when necessary.
- Must be able to work independently toward general and specific goals and possess the ability to communicate effectively with senior management, safety champions, and field personnel.
- Eight years of full-time satisfactory experience in residential and commercial construction safety.
- Occasional lifting and moving of parts are required.
- Ability to take direction as applicable from company management.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to complete assignments in the designated or agreed upon time frame.
- Strong work ethics and ability to work independently.
- Ability to pass drug test and criminal background check.
- Collaborative, team oriented and adept at building positive and influential relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflict, follow direction and decisions making.
- Demonstrate knowledge of behavioral safety concepts.
- Ability to communicate with large groups of employees.
- Train employees on proper use of fall protection systems, mobile and overhead equipment, and respirator use / fit testing, and hazard awareness training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Experience as a trainer.
- OSHA 30 certification or equivalent safety and health training.
- BSc/BA in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred but not required.
How to Apply:
- Apply online at UMC.US/CAREERS/
- Contact Laura @ 801-918-0796 or Sofia @801-633-1278
Work Environment/AAP/EEO Statements
While performing this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. Occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites occurs. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The performance of work happens in outside weather conditions. Mitigate these hazards, or stop work until conditions improve when applicable.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation
Leave a Comment