UMC, Inc. – Springville, UT$20 – $27 an hour
In 1972, the owner and his family started a plumbing business with the vision to provide quality service while helping others learn about the trade. Today, the same owner and his family continues to lead the industry in commercial HVAC and Plumbing by providing a clean, quality service for the communities they help build. With the passion to teach others the trade and the great people on their team, we continue to lead the industry and experience continuous growth. If you have a passion to provide quality service and have the desire to continue to learn and advance in the field, we have growth and leadership opportunities for you.
WHY WORK FOR UMC, INC. – Check us out on YouTube:
- TOP MARKET PAY
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- 401K with 6% Company Match
- Stability! Excellent Growth Opportunity
- Family/Friend Referral Program
- Excellent Company Culture
How to Apply
- Apply online at umc.us/careers/
- Contact Laura, 801-918-0796
Pay Range (Hourly)
$20.00‐$27.00 Actual pay depends on education, experience, and performance.
The successful Project Assistant is highly skilled in being a liaison between project managers, estimators, and teams working the project to provide the highest levels of communication, productivity, quality, timeliness, and efficiency in the competitive construction market, while incorporating UMC’s Vision, Mission and, Core Values.
Responsibilities and Duties (Essential Job Functions)
- Provide O&M, RFI, warranty, and as‐built support for all projects and markets.
- Compile submittals into a single PDF using Bluebeam software.
- Responsible for pulling permits and plan printing
- Responsible for change order entry in Vista software (will train)
- Responsible for preparing billing and change order requests (CORs) under the direction of the project manager.
- Responsible for working with suppliers, sub‐contractors, and vendors.
- Responsible for generating Request for Information (RFIs). Copy Project Manager, Site Superintendent, and Team Lead when generated.
- Collaborate with the Site Superintendents and Project Managers on fixture and equipment take‐offs.
- Help to monitor productivity and the Throughput Management System for projects.
- Ensure time is allotted for phone calls, emails, and paperwork.
- Organizing and reviewing reports, documentation, invoices, contracts, and other financial files for easy access.
- Perform any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by project managers.
- Travel as needed or required.
- Must have a high school diploma, or General Equivalency Diploma, or GED.
- Prefer experience working in a project management environment. Project management education will count towards this requirement.
- Prefer experience in the construction industry (not required)
- Must support UMC’s Vision, Mission, and Core Value statements.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, and maintain the confidentiality of personnel and business information.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and initiative skills.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess effective analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, and possess the aptitude to learn and use additional computer software as needed, i.e., Bluebeam, Vista by Viewpoint.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; sit; stoop; walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be 18 years or older, and have a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One of UMC’s Core Values is “Initiative” – transforming challenges into solutions and sufficiently planning before implementing. Why is this important in your role?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location